FOUR POSTER BEDS
TESTERS / OTHER
BEDS BY INVITATION
8 STEP FINISH
CONDITIONS OF USE
FOUR POSTER HISTORY
RESOURCES / PARTNERS
8 Step Finish
Our 8 step finish
The finishing of hand made mahogany beds are almost always waxed and is often marketed as the best way to protect your bed amongst other positive superlatives. The real reason is because few factories are set up to do it any other way and is the finish of choice driven by production demands and costs. To finish a bed with wax can take but a few hours and as a quick and cheaper method and is the most common.
It has taken tireless research and sourcing to find not only a factory with the ability to finish our furniture as described below but to create unique bespoke designs with the right culture and attitude to our requirements.
- After being hand carved our beds are sanded over three grades finishing on emery smooth.
- Hand stained (not too dark and accentuating natural grain and character).
- Liquid grain filler applied allowed to harden over 24 hrs.
- Second coat applied and again allowed to harden over 24 hours.(These 2 coats ensure even application of polish they seal the grain and prevent uneven absorption of polish which can affect final finish and even application.)
- Hand applied polish allowed to harden over 24 hours.
- 2nd Coat applied allowed to harden for 24 hours.
- 3rd Coat applied allowed to harden for 24 hours.
- Buffed and wrapped for shipping.
|Co Reg – 5688324
|Thursday, 08 February 2007 05:22 am
|VAT No – 876358475